Learn how to be a better manager to your BIPOC and furloughed employees.
Supporting BIPOC employees and colleagues
- This blog by Alica Forneret of Culture Amp titled, “One Black employee’s answer to ‘How can I help?’” includes a list of guides and books to read, suggestions to try out, and other actions that non-Black professionals can take, ideally in partnership with HR teams. Forneret says this resource was built so that Black professionals could easily send something to their non-Black colleagues who ask “What can I do?” and as something non-Black professionals can read themselves and send to their non-Black colleagues.
- These tips by a diversity and inclusion consultant suggest how to manage Black employees with dignity and respect.
- This Harvard Business Review article offers advice on how companies can support employees of color through the pandemic.
Helping and communicating with your furloughed employees
- This guide from Sarah-J.com discusses supporting furloughed employees during COVID-19.
- This article covers how to make furloughs more humane by Harvard Business Review.
- City Mental Health Alliance UK created this document on supporting the mental health of furloughed employees during COVID-19.
Have questions, comments, or critiques about any of these resources? Want to submit some? Let us know!